Are you looking for a career change in the tech industry, but not sure which school to choose? Wild Code School and Jedha both offer excellent training in Data and Cybersecurity, but there are a few notable differences!
To help you make the best choice, we've listed in this article the differences between these 2 schools, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of each.
Wild Code School vs Jedha: the main differences
Wild Code School and Jedha Bootcamp both train for Tech careers, but they have very different approaches. Here are the 4 main differences between the two schools:
- Training by level: in each field, Jedha offers 3 levels of training (beginner, advanced, expert) which can be combined to suit each student's professional project.
- Course duration: for example, Jedha's Data Analyst Bootcamp lasts 3 months, compared with 5 months for Wild Code School.
- Learning methods: Wild Code School offers sandwich courses, which Jedha does not. Conversely, Jedha offers all its courses on a part-time basis, which is not the case at Wild.
- The hybrid format: Jedha lets you mix face-to-face and distance learning during your training, just as you would in your professional life.
Wild vs Jedha: presentation
Wild Code School
Along with Le Wagon, Wild Code School is one of the pioneers of Coding Bootcamp in France. The school was founded in 2013 in La Loupe, in the Centre region of France by Anna Stepanoff. Its aim: to create alternatives to the traditional university system to train for careers in web development.
The school then diversified its training offer with programs in Data, Cybersecurity and UX Design. It also opened 6 campuses in France, in Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Toulouse and Nantes. The historic La Loupe campus in the Centre region was closed in 2023.
Jedha is also a pioneering school in its field, that of Data! Antoine Krajnc, its founder and CEO, was the first to create a Bootcamp dedicated to Data Science in Europe in 2017.
Since then, the school has expanded its range of courses to include a Data Analysis Bootcamp and a Cybersecurity Bootcamp. It has trained over 1,900 alumni in Tech professions, and has been named Best Data Bootcamp and Best Cybersecurity Bootcamp in 2023 by Course Report.
Wild Code School vs Jedha: training & learning methods
In short: Wild Code School offers training in many areas of Tech, while Jedha has cultivated a very strong expertise in 2 closely related fields: Data & Cybersecurity!
Wild Code School: a general IT school
Originally specializing in web development, Wild Code School is now a much more generalist IT school. They offer training in 4 areas:
- Web Dev
- Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Infrastructure and Cybersecurity
- Product Design
Their training courses are designed both to enhance the skills of professionals already working in technical functions (Skills Courses), and to help them learn a new trade.
- in a full-time bootcamp over 5 months. Wild Code School does not offer part-time bootcamps like Jedha does.
- 12 to 15 months, with one week in class and 3 weeks on the job.
Jedha: diploma courses that are 100% flexible
Conversely, Jedha Bootcamp is more specialized, since our school only offers training in Data and Cybersecurity, with 3 flagship courses:
- Training to become a Data Analyst - 450h
- Training to become a Data Scientist - 450h
- Cybersecurity training - 420h
The good news is that these courses are accessible to everyone, whatever your starting level! That's one of Jedha's special features. In each field, we offer several levels of training, always including a beginner's course to bring you up to speed and enable you to move on to more advanced training.
Last but not least, the diplomas we award make it easier for you to enter the job market! All our training courses lead to a diploma and open the right to certifications registered with the RNCP and recognized by the French State!
Wild Code School vs Jedha: which school gets the best reviews?
In short: both training organizations enjoy excellent reputations on various review platforms. But we advise you to form your own opinion by browsing the excerpts from reviews we've carefully selected for you below!
Wild Code School review: 4.5/5 out of 346 reviews
Last update: November 16, 2023.
Reviews of Wild Code School are also very good, although the average is slightly lower than that of Jedha. Indeed, the school suffers from several negative feedbacks on the TrustPilot platform. Here are the detailed reviews for Wild Code School:
- 4.4 out of 5 (69 reviews) on Google
- 3.8 out of 5 (19 reviews) on Indeed
- 3.4 out of 5 (18 reviews) on TrustPilot
- 4.8 out of 5 (100 reviews) on Switch Up
- 4.9 out of 5 (91 reviews) on Course Report
- 4.2 out of 5 (49 reviews) on Glassdoor
Excerpt from positive reviews of Wild Code School
- The quality of the training: "It's a quality course that has given me real technical skills and added value on the job market. An intensive 5-month course that gives a 360° view of the world of data."
- Level of support: "The training went very well, with all the support you need, not just in terms of training, but also in finding an internship, work-study or permanent contract, preparing your CV, profile and interviews. A team that listens."
- The projects carried out as part of the training: "The 4 projects enable us to quickly apply the elements we have learned, and even to explore beyond the content of the program, depending on the projects proposed (ML on Time Series, Deep Learning for some)".
Extract of negative reviews on Wild Code School
- An inexperienced teacher: "We found ourselves in a session of 27 people, a self-taught teacher who only knew his shadow ....when asked a question, "ah sorry, I didn't do the exercise, ask the trainee" ".
- Some alumni find it difficult to find a job: "Very disappointed with my 5-month training course. Help with getting back to work? well, if it's to help you put together a CV or prepare for an interview, that's something the French employment agency (Pôle Emploi) also does for free."
Testimonials about Jedha
Last update: September 20, 2023.
Jedha receives excellent feedback from its 1,900 alumni! As a result, our school won several awards in 2023, including "Best Data Science Bootcamp" and "Best Cybersecurity Bootcamp".
In detail, here are the reviews of Jedha posted on different platforms:
- 5 out of 5 (113 testimonials) on Google (Paris campus)
- 4.98 out of 5 (243 testimonials) on Course Report
- 4.98 out of 5 (290 testimonials) on SwitchUp
- 4.8 out of 5 (118 testimonials) on TrustPilot
- 5out of 5 (4 testimonials) on Glassdoor
To ensure total transparency: we have included reviews left by Jedha teachers and administrative staff on Glassdoor. We have adopted the same approach for reviews of Wild Code School.
- Courses adapted to beginners: "Not only were the courses accessible for a novice like me, but the teachers and teaching team were also extremely supportive. Convinced and motivated by this first experience, I naturally followed up with the datafullstack training course."
- Learning by doing: "Excellent training program and projects that put us in real-life situations and allow us to practice what we've learned and also discover other tools."
- The Julie e-learning platform: "Very comprehensive training, access to the Julie platform which is also very comprehensive (I'm still using it!) and really covers the subjects in depth (even for the Essentials training). It's an excellent course for getting started in Data".
- Not enough theory: "There's not much theory, and you'll be competing on the job market with candidates who have done masters or theses, who have a much better grasp of theoretical concepts."
Wild Code School vs Jedha: training prices
In short: the business courses offered by the 2 schools cost roughly the same: €7495 at Jedha, and between €7500 and €8000 at Wild Code School.
Wild Code School training prices
The price of training courses at Wild Code School depends mainly on the course format: Bootcamp or sandwich courses, or skills courses.
Business courses in Bootcamp format
The price of Bootcamps offered by the Wild ranges from €7500 to €8000: Bootcamps that can be attended face-to-face are often slightly more expensive than Bootcamps carried out completely remotely.
For all these types of training, the training costs are fully covered by the company where the student works on a sandwich course: this is one of the main advantages of professionalization or apprenticeship contracts.
Wild Code School offers Skills Courses, 50 hours spread over 7 weeks, in 2 areas only: SQL & Power BI. These courses cost €1,590.
Jedha training prices
At Jedha, we offer a unique level-based training system, with 3 tiers (Essentials, Fullstack, and Lead). The price of our programs depends solely on this level of expertise and no other criteria. You pay the same price whether you're full-time or part-time, on our campus or at home.
- Essentials training (70 to 75h): €1,495
- Fullstack training (420 to 450h): €7,495
- Lead training (112h): €2,995
Conclusion: the choice is yours!
As you can see, no one school is better than the other. Our two schools have very different offerings, and it's all about finding the one that best suits your career plans!
Frequently asked questions about Wild Code School and Jedha
What is the average salary after training at Wild Code School?
According to the Wild Code School website, after completing a vocational training course at their school, an alumnus can expect to obtain :
- for a Junior Data Analyst job, a salary of between €30,000 and €40,000 per year.
What are the prerequisites for training at Wild Code School?
The prerequisites vary widely from one course to another, but Wild Code School systematically looks for candidates with a well-thought-out career plan and a high level of motivation.
In terms of technical prerequisites, for example, the Data Analyst Bootcamp requires a basic knowledge of programming and statistics, as well as a good command of IT tools.